Courtesy of Liam Freill, North Market Seafood
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 2-5 minutes
Yield: 4 full servings
½ Pound, Smoked salmon
1 Tablespoon, Lemon juice; freshly squeezed (optional)
1/2 Cup, Aged cheddar (optional cream cheese)
1 Tablespoon, Dill; chopped (optional)
1 Whole, Pesto baguette (Sister’s Italian Fine Foods) or dense, Italian variety
3 Tablespoons, Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Slice baguette thinly. Evenly space on cookie sheet which has been covered with aluminum foil.
2. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Place a dollop of cheese on each. (Optional, mix lemon juice in with cream cheese, then stir in chopped dill.)
4. Place 1-inch square chunks/slices of smoked salmon on each.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Toast in the oven until just brown.
7. Remove from oven and add chopped chives for garnish.
8. Plate immediately, serve and ENJOY!
Copyright 2013, Saint John City Market