Courtesy of Kevin Loughery, Saint John City Market
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 full servings
1/8 to 1/4 cup, Butter (your choice)
2 tablespoons, Olive oil
1 teaspoon, Coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon, Ground black pepper
3 cloves, Garlic, minced
1 pound, Fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
Parmesan cheese to garnish
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown.
4. Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking.
5. Plate, garnish with parmesan and serve!
Copyright 2013, Saint John City Market