Courtesy of Billy Grant, Billy’s Seafood Company
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 full servings
2 Tablespoons, Butter
2 Tablespoons, Brown sugar
2 Cloves, Garlic, Minced
1 Tablespoon, Lemon juice
2 Teaspoons, Soy sauce (Tamari sauce for gluten free)
1/2 teaspoon, Ground black pepper
1 (1 pound), Halibut steak
1. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
2. Place butter, brown sugar, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, and pepper in a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Lightly oil grill grate.
4. Brush fish with brown sugar sauce, and place on grill.
5. Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until fish can be easily flaked with a fork, basting with sauce.
6. Discard remaining basting sauce.
7. Plate immediately, serve and ENJOY!
Copyright 2013, Saint John City Market